For more information, please call us at (404) 806-7251.
Monday Night Skate, 8:30 p.m., Carter Center
- Beginner skates go out when beginners are present. Please identify
yourself as a beginner before the skate starts.
- Intermediate and speed training skates also go out at this time.
- Meet at the Carter Center east parking lot.
- Arrive at 8:00 p.m. to gear up.
- Skaters leave at 8:30 p.m.
- Map and directions are below
Tuesday Night Skate, 7:00 p.m., Carter Center
Wednesday Night Skate, 8:30 p.m., Carter Center
- Intermediate and speed training routes. Beginner route may leave
depending on availability of a slow group leader.
- Arrive at 8:00 p.m. as on Monday, skaters leave at 8:30 p.m.
Sunday ZZZ Skate, 12 noon, Piedmont Park parking lot
See the Skate Patrol page for details. We
also meet by the 12th Street entrance to Piedmont Park for cones, roller
soccer, hackey sack, etc., starting around 3 p.m. Sundays. Other
Sunday skates may be announced on the APRR
All skates cancelled if it
What to Bring...
- Skates (duh!), with a back brake strongly recommended for our
- ANSI, ASTM, or Snell approved helmet
- Picture ID such as a driver's license
- Wrist protection such as a wrist guard
- Knee pads
- Elbow pads
- Reflective vest or jogger's flashing light (night skates only)
We are skating on open roads and must obey Georgia bicycle laws.
- Stay on the right side of the road.
- If someone calls "car up", a car is approaching ahead of us.
- If someone calls "car back", a car is approaching from behind, stay
in single file on the right side of the road.
- Don't lead if you don't know the way.
- Always wear protective gear: helmet, wrist/elbow/knee pads.
- Master the basics: moving, stopping, and turning.
- Maintain equipment: replace worn brakes and rotate wheels.
- Obey all traffic regulations.
(example: stop for stop lights/signs)
- Skaters have same obligations as any wheeled vehicle.
- Control your speed.
- Watch for road hazards.
- Avoid water, oil, and sand.
- Avoid heavy traffic.
- Skate on the right, pass on the left. Call out, "Passing on your left."
- Always yield to pedestrians.
- Be a good-will ambassador for inline skating.
Location and Directions
Monday and Wednesday Night Skates
Monday and Wednesday night skates are at The Carter Center, east
For directions, click here.
Sunday ZZZ skate, beginner skate less than 10mph, meeting at 12 noon at
the Piedmont Park parking lot.
See the Skate Patrol page for more info.
We also meet by the 12th Street entrance
to Piedmont Park for cones, roller soccer, hackey sack, etc., starting
around 3 p.m. Sundays. Other Sunday skates vary. Check out the
mailing list for other Sunday skates.
Need help? Call us at 404-806-7251.
NiteSkater's World Wide WebRing